May 6, 2010

Best. Halloween. Ever.

To cap off a very enjoyable first season with the haunt, House Bloodthorn has been honored with the Haunters Video Vanguard Award for Best Yard Haunt 2009!

My only goal in even submitting a video was to just be a part of the collection of outstanding haunts on the Haunters Video DVD. I am completely blown away that I was even considered for an award. Especially given the fact that it was my first year displaying the haunt.

My thanks to this year's panel of judges who saw fit to bestow this prestigious honor upon my humble efforts. I am truly surprised and truly grateful.

My sincere and heartfelt thanks, as always, to Rob at Skull and Bone, without whose trust and generosity none of this would have been possible. He deserves this award as much, if not more, than I. A finer torch I could not be carrying and I'm proud to do so. This certainly is inspiration and motivation for the years to come.

Thanks to Paul "Propmaster" Venturella for continuing, year after year, to put together this wonderful DVD set. I'm happy to finally be a part of it all.

I'd also like to thank my friends Chris and Jeff Davis for all that they do for the haunt community (including organizing these very awards)... Pumpkinrot for featuring the haunt several times on his great blog... all the fine folks at Hauntcast for featuring our story last year... and all my haunting friends and followers for their support and inspiration. A haunter may plan it or make it or display it, and it can be daunting at times, but its the camaraderie that makes it that much more worthwhile.

Finally, my sincere congratulations to all the other winners this year. You all did such an amazing job and I'm proud to be counted among you.

Well done one and all.


You can buy the DVD set here:
The Haunters Video 2009 DVD

You can view all of this year's award winners here:

7 comments:

  1. Congrats to you! You can imagine how please we where to see your haunt choosen as the Vangard Yard Haunt winner. Very well deserved. The dedication that you put into keeping "Rose" alive was amazing and created a great haunt.

    Congrats to both of you! (you and Rob) Thanks for inspiring all of us!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, man!!! My next shot is for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @FQ: Thank you, Chris. And thank you for being the inspiration that YOU are.

    @JT: Thanks, brother! I'll drink to that. =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wanted to say congrats :) Pretty nifty trophies, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, a well deserved award! Very nice trophy too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! You totally deserve it!!!!

    Happy Haunting,
    Aelwyn
    http://spooksohmy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete